Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Am Such A Yuppie

A while back Dan and I realized that we did indeed fall into the category of yuppie. But it was simply a general category, not really based on any one specific thing we do. However, I can now, without a doubt say that I am a yuppie.

You see, I had a shopping problem. Not your typical shopping problem where you go and buy too many things. Rather, I was unable to shop with Will as he grabs at the clothes, tries to remove their price tags, and generally disapproves of boring fitting rooms. This wouldn't be such a big deal except for the fact that none of my old clothes fit anymore.

So I asked myself.. What Would Ben Do?

So, I met with a personal shopper. And I liked it! I think it is even better than having a home grocery delivery service. (Home grocery delivery services such as Pea Pod are awesome. You can search on-line for items instead of aimlessly wandering around the store. You can sort by unit price to get the best deal. The only problem with me using them these days is that taking Will to the store to wander around aimlessly is one of the methods of entertaining him that we use.)

Back to personal shoppers. This is basically how it works: I call my personal shopper, Cheryl, and tell her what I am looking for. "I need something to wear to a wedding that is casual." Then I tell her when I would like to come in to the store. She has a large fitting room reserved for me with a rack of clothes in my size. Will hangs out with Cheryl while I am trying stuff on. I let her know if I need any other sizes or colors. She tells me if things fit properly or not. Then I buy what I need. If it is going on sale in the near future, she lets me know. It is awesome.

So, as I sit here in my Ralph Lauren jeans, I feel bad about buying expensive clothes (although I got a really good deal), but I am soo happy that my clothes actually fit well. You can call me snobby or a yuppie or whatever, but it is such a relief to wake up in the morning and grab something out of my closet that fits!

3 comments:

watterflower said...

It is always nice to have clothes that fit.

Mayson and Laura Morrissey said...

So when are you going to post the fashion show of all your new clothes? :)

Angela said...

Basically anytime you see newer pictures, I am wearing my new clothes. I especially like the dress that I wore to James' wedding.