Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our First California Earthquake

We felt our first California earthquake today! Ok, so we have felt little tremors a few times already, but living in California on the 1st floor of a house is different than living on the 14th floor of an apartment building in Tokyo. In Tokyo, we felt a little shaking about once a week. Here, not so much.

I wasn't even going to blog about it until I received a concerned call from a friend. So, here I am posting saying that we are ok.

What happened? I guess there was a 5-point-something earthquake about 40 miles from here. Things started wiggling, there was earthquake noise, things kept wiggling, so I recalled my PBS "Preparing for a Quake" instructions and went under our table since I didn't know how long it would last. Things wiggled for a little longer, then stopped.

Dan was at work on the 3rd floor. I guess things were a little more exciting up there.
Will and Alex are at school. I'm sure Will thought it was funny. I'll ask him later.

1 comment:

watterflower said...

Excellent. Good to know that everything is ok.