Saturday, January 05, 2008


Announcing: Alexander Daniel Kroboth

Alex was born this morning 01/05/08 at 7:14am. He weighed 10lbs 12oz, and is 23 inches long. Both of these metrics are slight improvements over big brother Will. Angela went into labor at 2am, and pushed for about 15 minutes starting at 7am. She and I both agree that a water birth in our house was much easier than our Japanese experience.

So far, Will is enthusiastic about the "cute baby." Technically speaking, he and Alex are 21 months apart exactly since Will was born 04/05/06 if you take into account the time difference. Both Angela and I are excited not to be going to the embassy tomorrow.

We haven't captured a particularly good photo yet, but here is the best on we've got. Also, this is not the first post announcing Alex's birth. My sister got there first.



9 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

congratulations on your home waterbirth!! He is indeed a "cute baby."
I popped into your blog because I have my "google alerts" set to show me any blogs that have the word waterbirth. We want parents of these aquatic babies to register their babies' names on the "I Was Born in Water," list on our website. My two water babies are now 21 and 23 and they are the reason that I am still writing, lecturing and consulting about waterbirth and working for women's and babies' rights to be born gently.
So, go to our website and put in his name, date of birth and city and place of birth. We have constructed a follow-up survey for moms or dads to fill out on the experience. We still need data and evidence for physicians to accept that women and babies know what they are doing. This survey will help.
I would be interested in your Japanese experience, too.
Wishing you all the best for joy-filled parenting!!
Barbara Harper, RN, CLD, CCE, Midwife
Founder/Director
Waterbirth International
author, Gentle Birth Choices book and DVD
www.waterbirth.org
800-641-2229
We LOVE helping women get into Hot Water!! And have been doing it for 24 years!!

watterflower said...

hey! I have also posted before you!

The Matchell's said...

Congratulations Dan and Angela. I am really happy for you.

Angela said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! Yeay for an easy labor!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! -- Adam M.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
I am very happy to hear this news!
I gotta to go to LA to see both Alex and Will!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new son from the entire staff at Learning Links Academy in Charlotte, NC. We look forward to seeing him and Will both when you can squeeze in your next visit back to Charlotte.
I guess he will be right at home if the girls let him play at the water tables?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your healthy boy! What wonderful news!

-Shawnee, Shawn, and Natalie Krueger